Purchase watches online safely!
During the last years, the Internet has developed into the main marketplace for new watches, and also especially for used watches. The online trade with brand name watches is booming, but the safety concerns are also growing among potential customers. Impending risks like e.g. fraud with fake watches, replicas, or imitations are the largest barriers for watch purchase online according to current surveys among Internet users. And the strongly growing market volume not only draws serious providers, but also an increasing number of fraudsters. Their doings can be stopped and much damage can be prevented through safety-conscious behaviour of purchasers and sellers in online trade.
Highest safety for watch purchasers on TrustedWatch
In order to provide watch purchasers worldwide with a safe and serious environment for watch purchase, we in the watch marketplace of TrustedWatch consistently pay attention to safety, control, and prevention. Every provider is checked comprehensively prior to participation, and the offers of every provider are subject to regular inspections by TrustedWatch. In order to further minimize the risk of misuse for purchasers, private providers cannot offer watches directly. Only with these elaborate measures can criminal providers be scared away thoroughly, and we can guarantee a safe market environment. An effort that always pays off in the interest of the serious sellers!
What you should pay attention to during watch purchase
You should pay attention to the following general notices and tips during watch purchase via Internet:
- Select your seller with care! As a private purchaser, inform yourself best possible about your business partner, for example the provider of a watch. Be careful in case of incomplete addresses and those that only contain post office boxes and/or telephone numbers that cause high costs. If a telephone number is stated, make a call just to be sure.
- In case of commercial providers, pay attention to so-called provider transparency. Check first whether the website of the provider states the name of the company and the manager and the full address.
- Check offers that ask for advance payments with special care. Demand additional information about the goods, customer service, or delivery conditions. The processing of your inquiry will give you a first impression of how serious the provider is.
- Inform yourself about possible risks on the Internet pages of consumer protection associations, private clubs, special discussion forums and computer magazines.
- Pay attention to your right to return. According to the regulations for distance selling contracts, a purchase contract that was concluded between a commercial dealer with a consumer can be revoked or the goods returned.
- Pay attention to the methods of payment of the online shop. Prefer payment via invoice, transfer or bank debit over credit card payment or cash on delivery.
- Inform yourself about additional costs. Dealers from non-EU-countries must only inform that additional costs like taxes or customs may become due, but they are not obliged to inform how high they are in single cases. Only the exact shipping costs must always be stated.
- Pay attention to technical safety: Providers should offer encrypted data transfer. Usually this is done via the encoding procedure „SSL“. This is recognizable by the „s“ behind the http:// in the address bar and further visual indications, and shows that the connection to the provider is secure.
If in spite of all efforts a case of damage occurs, inform the police of the circumstance immediately! In general, save all correspondence with your dealer, and note the names of your contact persons and all people involved.
We are there for you
Should you have questions about a dealer or an offered watch on our marketplace, please contact us. We are gladly available to you and wish you much pleasure in our watch market!
Your Frank Ammann